On the occasion of Real Madrid’s successful recruitment of Jude Bellingham from Dortmund, let’s take a look at the list of Top 10 most expensive signings in Los Blancos history.
Real Madrid have released an official statement regarding the successful signing of Jude Bellingham from Dortmund, writing: “Real Madrid and Dortmund have agreed on the transfer of the player Jude Bellingham, who will play for their club. me for the next six seasons.”
At the new team, Bellingham will wear the number 5 shirt – the number once worn by his idol, Zinedine Zidane. Los Blancos will pay an upfront fee of £88.5 million to Dortmund (€103 million). The transfer fee could rise to a total of £115m (135m euros) if all the extras are activated.
With the huge fee mentioned above, the 19-year-old player has become a record contract in the history of the Madrid team. The previous record belonged to Eden Hazard, who arrived at Los Blancos from Chelsea for a fee of 115 million euros.
Third on the list is the Gareth Bale deal, he arrived at the Bernabeu from Tottenham for a fee of 101 million euros. The remaining 2 deals in the Top 5 are Cristiano Ronaldo (94 million euros) and Aurelian Tchouameni (80 million euros).
Top 10 most expensive signings in Real Madrid history
1. Jude Bellingham: 135 million euros – From Borussia Dortmund, season 2023/2024
2. Eden Hazard: 115 million euros – From Chelsea, 2019/2020 season
3. Gareth Bale: 101 million euros – From Tottenham, season 2013/2014
4. Cristiano Ronaldo: 94 million euros – From Manchester United, season 2009/2010
5. Aurelian Tchouameni: 80 million euros – From Monaco, season 2022/2023
6. Zinedine Zidane: 77.5 million euros – From Juventus, 2001/2002 season
7. James Rodriguez: 75 million euros – From Monaco, season 2014/2015
8. Kaka: Price 67 million euros – From Milan, season 2009/2010
9. Luka Jovic: 63 million euros – From Eintracht Frankfurt, season 2019/2020
10. Luis Figo: 60 million euros – From Barcelona, 2000/2001 season