Arsenal came very close to a win over Liverpool at Anfield but ended up dropping points because of a late goal. Let’s take a look at the most remarkable statistics about the highlight match of the 30th round of the Premier League.
– Arsenal are still not winning in the last 10 away trips to Anfield in the Premier League, drawing 3 and losing 7 matches. They also conceded at least 2 goals in each of these matches.
– Liverpool have only lost 1 of the last 37 Premier League matches at Anfield (won 27, drew 9). That was the defeat to Leeds United in October.
– There were 184 goals in Premier League matches between Liverpool and Arsenal, making this the most goal-scoring tie in the history of the competition.
Arsenal have dropped points from their third win this season. They also experienced a similar outcome against Southampton in St. Mary’s and Brentford at home.
– Liverpool have 19 shots in the Arsenal box. This is the most Arsenal have suffered in a Premier League match since the data was collected (from the 2003/04 season).
– Mohamed Salah has 10 shots with an expected 2.1 goals against Arsenal – more than Arsenal themselves (9 shots, 1.4 xG). This is the most shots a player has taken against Arsenal in the Premier League, after Andy Carroll in 2016 (also 10).
– Excluding penalties, Roberto Firmino is the player who has scored the most goals against Arsenal in Premier League history.
– This is the first time Arsenal have taken a two-goal lead in a Premier League game at Anfield since 2012.
Gabriel Martinelli has 25 Premier League goals. He became the second South American player after Gabriel Jesus to reach this milestone when he was 21 years younger.