After consecutive defeats, Man United was pulled back into the extremely tense top 4 race in the Premier League. However, the pressure will be eased more or less by a win against Wolves.
Mục lục bài viết
Comment on the match MU vs Wolves
Just a few months ago, Man United was also considered a team capable of competing for the championship when the gap was not too significant from the top of the table. But now, Ten Hag’s teachers and students will have to struggle to earn every point in the hope of finishing in the top 4.
The defeats against Brighton and West Ham caused Man United to slow down significantly. Now the Manchester team is only 1 point ahead of Liverpool, even though they played less than 1 match. To be sure of qualifying for the Champions League, Man United need to win 3 of the remaining 4 matches this season. Fate, of course, is still in the hands of Ten Hag’s teachers and students.
This is the first time Man United have lost two consecutive matches since being beaten in the first two games of the season against Brighton and Brentford. Ten Hag’s army showed significant signs of decline when only winning 2 of the last 8 matches in 90 minutes.
Man United actually lost to Wolves at Old Trafford last season with a score of 1-0. However, they have not lost consecutively to Wolves at Old Trafford since 1961.
Man United’s advantage is playing 3 of the remaining 4 matches at Old Trafford. At their home ground, MU has won 24 matches in all competitions this season. MU has only won more at home than in the previous 3 seasons, in 2002/03 (27 matches), 2007/08 (25 matches) and 2010/11 (26 matches). Man United also kept a clean sheet in the last 5 home matches in the Premier League. Old Trafford fortress really makes opponents shy.
To increase confidence for Man United, it is a fact that Wolves have only won 2 of the last 21 away matches in the Premier League. They have lost 10 of the last 11 away games in the Premier League against the teams that started the round in the top 4. Wolves have only scored 4 goals in these 11 matches, conceding 23 goals.
Wolves’ recent form is very good when they won 4 of the last 6 matches and officially relegated. For that reason, coach Lopetegui has promised to give more playing opportunities to the substitutes. The match against Man United can also be seen as an opportunity for Wolves to relax, when they do not necessarily have to win.
There is a trend in the match between Man United and Wolves that the number of goals is extremely scarce. In the last 8 meetings between the two teams, only 10 goals appeared (7 goals for MU and 3 for Wolves).
In order for the next match to explode with goals, Man United need to expect Marcus Rashford to find the best finishing ability. The English player has started to score more slowly in recent times and that is also a reason why MU constantly receives bad results.
Liverpool only play at the beginning of next week. Because of that, the victory over Wolves will help MU push heavy pressure on Liverpool. And if it is not possible to win against Wolves, perhaps MU being eliminated from the top 4 is only a matter of time.
Special comments MU vs Wolves
Man United is highly appreciated compared to Wolves and it is easy to win. Even, it can be believed that Man United will win the gap in this match. Coach Ten Hag understands that MU needs a convincing victory to regain morale and head to an explosive end-of-season period.
Man United get a lot of rest during this period and play at home continuously. Therefore, there is no reason for them to keep their strength if the distance is not safe enough. With a fierce attack of Man United, it is also possible for this match to reach the milestone of 3 goals.
Predict the score: MU 3-0 Wolves
Information around the match MU vs Wolves
- MU: Raphael Varane and Scott McTominay could return this weekend, but both have yet to return to training. Tom Heaton, Phil Jones, Donny van de Beek and Lisandro Martinez are still absent.
- Wolves: The away team has no new injuries as Sasa Kalajdzic and Chiquinho are still long-term injury players. Coach Lopetegui has promised to give more opportunities to the substitutes when the team has successfully relegated.
– Man United only won 1 of the last 4 matches at home against Wolves, drawing 2 and losing 1.
Wolves won at Old Trafford 1-0 last season thanks to a late Joao Moutinho goal.
– The away team has won the last 4 confrontations in the Premier League.
– Man United could lose three games in a row for the first time since 2015 under Louis van Gaal.
– Man United kept five clean sheets in a row at Old Trafford, the best record since 2010.
– Man United is empty in the last 4/6 matches in all competitions.
– Marcus Rashford has scored 29 goals in all competitions this season, the best since Van Persie’s 30 in 2012/13.
Wolves have not won in the last 6 matches in the Premier League away from home.
Wolves lost their last 10/11 away matches against teams that started the day in the top 4.
– Wolves have won only 2 away games this season against Everton and Southampton, the teams in the top 4 bottom of the table.