In the context of Newcastle United having a difficult trip to Brentford, Man Utd absolutely has the opportunity to reclaim 3rd place in the Premier League table.
After consecutive bad results, coach Erik ten Hag was forced to make a change when Man Utd welcomed Brentford at Old Trafford. Accordingly, the Dutch military leader decided to push Wout Weghorst to the bench.
Jado Sancho is arranged to drift left, on the right is Antony, and the striker position belongs to Marcus Rashford. Coach Ten Hag’s choice helped Man Utd beat Brentford 1-0 to continue to raise hopes of winning tickets to the Champions League.
This week, they host an Everton that is racing to stay relegated. The Old Trafford team certainly must not stumble if they want to secure a position in the top 4. With Newcastle in danger of losing points against Brentford, Man Utd has to beat Everton even more.
Man Utd: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Martinez, Malacia; McTominay, Sabitzer; Antony, Fernandes, Rashford; Weghorst.
Everton: Pickford; Coleman, Keane, Tarkowski, Godfrey; Iwobi, Garner, Gueye, Onana, McNeil; Gray
– Man Utd: Donny van de Beek has to miss the rest of the season because of a knee injury. Christian Eriksen returned for the first time when coach Erik ten Hag confirmed that he would enter the Danish player’s name on the list of matches. Alejandro Garnacho is absent due to an ankle injury. Casemiro was suspended for the last game in the domestic league.
– Everton: Andros Townsend and Dominic Calvert-Lewin may not be traveling with their teammates to Old Trafford. Abdoulaye Doucoure will miss out on suspension after receiving a red card in Everton’s 1-1 draw with Tottenham.
– Average under 2.5 goals scored in Manchester United’s last 3 matches in Premier League.
– In the last 5 matches, Man Utd won 2, drew 2 and lost 1 against Everton.
– Man Utd won 3, drew 1 and lost 1 in the last 5 matches in the Premier League.
– Everton won 1, drew 3 and lost 1 in the last 5 matches in the Premier League.
– Man Utd entered this match in a rather volatile form but returned in time with a 1-0 victory over Brentford. Man Utd’s top scorer this season, Marcus Rashford, opened fire again, bringing his total to 15 in the Premier League.
– Everton made a key point against Tottenham at Goodison Park. However, they suffered a great loss when Doucoure received a red card and was absent from this match.
– Everton is currently unbeaten in the last 4 Premier League matches and is in 16th place, level on points with West Ham, Nottingham Forest and Bournemouth but ahead due to goal difference. The relegation battle therefore still has many difficulties ahead.
– Everton will very much want to continue to maintain a losing streak, but Man Utd has only failed once at Old Trafford in this season’s tournament and it is likely that coach Erik ten Hag’s teachers and students will win all 3 points before The Toffees.
Man Utd 1-0 Everton (according to Whoscored)